1. The Club shall be called the Bangor and North Down Camera Club and it’s primary purpose shall be to further the practice and advancement of the science and fine art of photography. The activities of the club shall not be conducted for profit, but rather to provide facilities for its members and to promote its objectives for both members and non-members as deemed appropriate by the Committee
2. The club membership shall be open to everyone regardless of race, creed, colour, age, sex, or disability and It shall shall convene meetings and workshops to encourage the development of both the practical skills of photography and the artistic appreciation of the finished product. A close association with other art based societies and groups shall be encouraged. Special workshops and lectures, outside the normal club programme, shall be open to members of the general public.
3. Membership of the Club implies the understanding to comply with and abide by these rules.
4. The Annual Subscription shall fall due on 8th May. New Club members joining after 31st December shall pay 50% of the current annual subscription. This reduced subscription would not apply to existing members who had left and wished to rejoin. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall decide the subscription rates for the incoming year and any alterations / amendments to these rates shall require at least two thirds of the members present at the AGM to be in favour of the change.
5. The Club shall appoint an Honorary President at the AGM.
6. The Club officers shall consist of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, to be elected at the AGM.
7. The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Committee consisting of the Club officers and a minimum of six members, all of whom are to be elected annually, plus the immediate Past Chairman in an ex officio capacity.
8. All officers and Committee members are eligible for re election each year with the exception of the Chairman who shall not serve for more than five consecutive years.
9. Extra-Ordinary General Meetings may be convened either by the Committee or on a written request signed by a minimum of 30% of the club members. This request shall state the object of the meeting and must be sent to the Honorary Secretary at least fourteen days prior to the proposed date of the EGM. At least half of the signatories of the request must attend the meeting otherwise it shall be declared void.
10. At Committee meetings, six shall be deemed to form a quorum. At Extra Ordinary General Meetings, and all other General Meetings, the quorum shall be 40% of the current membership.
10a. The Chairman shall preside at all meetings and in the absence of the Chairman, the Vice Chairman shall preside.
10b. The Honorary Secretary shall keep minutes of all business and committee meetings and conduct correspondence on behalf of the club.
10c. The Honorary Treasurer shall receive all monies payable to the Club and shall keep proper books and records, with a set of audited accounts being presented at the Club AGM.
10d. The officers of the Club shall have the authority to pay accounts to the sum of up to £250.00. Payments exceeding this sum are required to be approved at a Committee meeting where two thirds of those present must be in favour of the motion. Cheques shall be signed by any two officers of the club.
11. A member may be asked to resign from the club at a majority decision of the Committee.
12. Only fully paid up members shall be entitled to participate in Club activities, with the exception of seminars and workshops that are specifically open to non-members.
13. A member not in arrears of their subscription may resign at any time by notifying the Honorary Secretary in writing of his desire to do so.
14. In the event of the Club’s dissolution for any reason, an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting shall be called at which a liquidator shall be appointed and a decision made either then or subsequently as to the disposal of Club assets.
15. The AGM, shall take place on or before the third Friday in May.
16. The financial year shall, for accounting purposes, be from 1st April to 31st March. The AGM shall appoint two ordinary members as honorary auditors.
17. No alteration of, or addition to, these rules shall be made except by the AGM or an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting called in accordance with rule 9.
The interpretation of these rules shall rest with the Committee.