Bangor & North Down Camera Club PDI Upload
Projected Digital Image Upload Form
Paid-up Club Members will have been issued with a personal password to gain access to the new system. The link to the system is https://compent.photoentry.uk/compent/
When fully established the new system will offer many advantages including but not limited to:
As part of establishing the system you should by now have received an email from “email@example.com” informing you of your registration and allocating a (rather complicated) password.
If you have not received the email, then please check your Junk Mail folder and if it is not there then let me know.
Despite the message on the registration email, it is possible for now to enter using the established methods (email, memory stick etc) but eventually Photo-Entry will become the only way to enter both PDIs and Prints.
Only JPEG images will be accepted. Tiff’s, psd’s, png’s, etc will not be considered. Image dimensions should be a maximum of 1400 pixels wide and 1050 pixels high.
- File size should be no more than that of a JPEG image of 1400 x 1050 pixels, saved with maximum quality (which means under 2MB in all but extreme cases). Files larger than 2MB may be rejected at the Competition Secretary's discretion
- Images should be saved in 'sRGB' colour space. (If you use a different colour space we will view in sRGB and the result may not be what you intended.)
- Every image should be named and have a title e.g. ”yourname_sunset.jpg’” or ‘yourname_the mournes.jpg” etc. (The '.jpg' will be added automatically by your software as long as you save the images as a jpeg file.)
- If you do not understand any of the above, please attend our Wednesday evening sessions to learn more.
- Digital Images can be submitted for competition in a number of ways:
- By Email to the Competitions Secretary
- By CDROM, USB memory stick, etc., for transfer to the Competitions Secretary’s laptop on any Club evening prior to the submission deadline.
- Online as specified above.
Please note that any images that do not comply with 1-5 above may be excluded from the digital competition. The short-listed images will be examined at full resolution (up to 1400x1050) on the competition evening by digital projection.